October 18, 2007

Stunningly Simple


I often get inspiration from many different places, be it other stampers, magazines and even advertisements. A few days ago Archiver's sent me an e-mail flier. In it was a stunning card that had two simple ornaments hanging on a card front. I loved the idea and using some scraps of designer series paper I made my own version with Stampin' Up! supplies. The only thing non Stampin' Up! is the thick gold elastic cord that I just happened to have on hand from some projects my mom and I were working on.

This is so super simple that you can make your own version in under 15 minutes! Just take some scraps, grab your coluzzle and the hardest part is done. I used track 3, counting from the inside to make my ornaments. I stamped my sentiment, popped the ornaments up on dimensionals and I was basically done. Very little stamping but I think it has a big impact.

Stamps: So Many Sayings
Paper: River Rock, Real Red, Very Vanilla
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Sherbet Ribbon Originals, coluzzle, mini glue dots, dimensionals, gold elastic cording, ticket corner punch

10 comments:

SpAzzGiRL said...

That is stunningly simple and I love it!!

Tara said...

I love simple cards...and this one is beautiful! great job!!

Tracy said...

I agree- very simple but it looks lovely!!

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is great, love those ornaments.

Christi said...

I love simple cards! So refreshing. Your card is beautiful!!

Mistylynn said...

Great Christmas card. I love simple ideas like this that look so beautiful! TFS
Misty

stefanie said...

Absolutely wonderful! Love the elegant simplicity!

Mary Davidson said...

How very cool these are!!! Love the simplicity!!!

Angie Tieman said...

What a fabulous card! The idea was great, but then your little touches with the corners and the greeting, just beautiful!

Heather P. said...

Stunningly simple and FANTASTIC!!! Such a fabulous card!