October 2, 2007

Pillow Talk





After all of the problems I had with last week's Inspiration Challenge I am so glad that this pillow actually talked to me. As soon as I saw it I knew what I was going to use. A few days ago I sorted out my bins of 12 X 12 designer series paper and I came across a few pieces of Au Chocolate designer series paper from the Spring Mini catalog. I knew it would be perfect for this card. All I did to turn the white stripes to pink was to brayer over the entire piece of designer series paper with Pretty in Pink classic ink. Most of my card was done in that instant.



Since the pillow has a darker hue to it's edge I sponged the Pretty in Pink cardstock base with Regal Rose ink. I then began layering the designer series paper onto Chocolate Chip and because I didn't think it stood out enough on the base I added a layer of Whisper White as well. The faux stitching is from All in a Row and is stamped in Chocolate Chip. To balance it out a bit more I added two ovals wrapped around the sides and anchored with a Vintage brad. As you can see the pillow has a Regal Rose outlined Dragonfly, but I wanted to use my Garden Whimsy Butterfly. I thought it would be too much pink so I stamped the butterfly twice in Sage Shadow. Once on the layer and once on a piece of scrap cardstock that I cut out and added on with a small piece of dimensional. The sentiment was then stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. The entire layer was set up on dimensionals. All in all I am pleased with this challenge card. I'm telling you it was much easier than last weekends challenge. Isn't it nice to be inspired?



Jenn

2 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is beautiful, so elegant, love the sentiment.

beate said...

Jenn, this card is perfect for the challenge! It's absolutely gorgeous!