October 14, 2007

Not Again!

I told you that I was using this set a lot. It really is a great set, although my picture does this card no justice. I used Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #23 for my layout. It is a great layout. If you want to try it out, you can find it here. I started with a piece of Blue Bayou cardstock and folded it to make a 4 1/4" square card. I then layered Soft Sky Designer Prints paper onto it. I figured out the center of my card and what size circle I'd need to have to put the flower on the inside of the card and still show through. I then took my Coluzzle, cut through both the designer paper and card base.



The Wild Wasabi paper was centered and also cut out with the Coluzzle so that all 3 holes are the same size and are centered in the paper. I then stamped my pattern onto the layer with Wild Wasabi ink. The flower was stamped in Purely Pomegranate and cut out before I layered it on the piece of Wild Wasabi cardstock that was left over from cutting out the center of the square. I also used my Crop-a-Dile to add a Jumbo Pewter Eyelet and put a Ice Rhinestone brad through the center. The flower is up on dimensionals and is flush with the cardfront when closed. It is really hard to photograph it because the flower doesn't show up as well when the card is open and standing, so I had to use a Post It Note to help hold the card closed to photograph it.

Lastly I added my sentiment, stamped in Blue Bayou and punched out with the Word Window punch. I also added some ribbon from the Sherbet Ribbon originals and attached it with staples.

Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment
Paper: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky dsp, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou
Accessories: Pewter Jumbo Eyelet, Ice Rhinestone Brad, Sherbet Ribbon Originals, staples, Dimensionals, Coluzzle

6 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Oh my! This card is EXTREME cuteness! Love your layout and design, you are really rocking it! Can't wait to see more!

SmilynStef said...

Very pretty ... love the bling on the bloom.

Mistylynn said...

You rocked her sketch. Way to use the bling! I'm not sure I asked, but could you tell me where you got the Frankenstein stamp?
Misty

Heather said...

Jen this is really pretty!! I wanted to say thanks so much for the Halloween images... They rock!!

corinnesomerville said...

I love this !! Beautiful job...great colors and I love the layout.

Have a great day
Corinne (aka Roxy)

Heather P. said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVE this card! Beautiful!