October 29, 2007

A Little Note

As promised I made some cards with my new Elzybells stamps. I needed to do something that didn't involve physical labor yesterday. As I said previously I got these stamps at The Cottage Stamper in St. Charles, IL. It is such a cute little store that is just crammed full of stamps, paper and embellishments.




Both of these cards are made for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge 25. They are Z fold cards and you can find the tutorial for this fold on her blog as well. I used the same paper and layout for both cards. The base is Night of Navy. I also used Dashing Designer Series Paper, Old Olive, Basic Gray, Real Red and Very Vanilla. The images were stamped in Jetblack Stazon and then watercolored in with classic Stampin' Up! inks with a watercolor brush.


I think these images are just darling and they were so much fun to color in. The ribbon on the first card is tied around the front of the z fold. On this second card I used my horizontal slot punch to punch a hole through the top layer and threaded my ribbon through those before tying it.



Well it's time to run out the door to take Colin to school. I must get Evan's birthday invitations done and out the door today. So you know what you will probably be seeing tomorrow.



Jenn




Stamps: Elzybells A girl with sleigh and A little Note, Stampin' Up Adia Cloth
Paper: Night of Navy, Real Red, Old Olive, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Dashing dsp
Ink: Jetblack Stazon, Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Real Red, Summer Sun, Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom, NIght of Navy
Accessories: large and small oval punch, dimensionals, 5/8" real red grosgrain, watercolor brush, horizontal slot punch, crafter's tool kit, vintage brads

8 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a cute image, love your z fold cards.

Andrea said...

These are fantastic, love those stamps they are so cute

Jennifer Ofiana said...

I just ordered some of the penguin elzybells. Can't wait till they arrive. Wish I had a stamp store around. Your cards are great!

beate said...

Jenn, those are adorable! I love how you colored the images and the colors you chose!

My Paper World said...

These are so cute and pretty! Love the colours you chose!

Michelle said...

What pretty cards! The images are almost vintage looking!

Jen said...

I love the wide red ribbon! It adds such elegance and shimmer!

Heather P. said...

These are just precious!