October 9, 2007

Keeping It Simple

I'm often asked if I have any ideas for Christmas cards that are quick, easy and fast to reproduce because of course we all want to send handmade Holiday cards out to our family and friends. That is how I came up with this simple card. It is quick, easy and has limited supplies so if you are a new stamper without a lot of accessories it is easy to stock up without breaking the bank.

I made this card at all of my events this past weekend for World Cardmaking Day. The base is River Rock and has a piece of Dashing Designer series paper and 5/8" Real Red grosgrain ribbon. The tree from Season of Joy is stamped in Old Olive on Very Vanilla and is mounted on Real Red cardstock. It is super easy and simple. Later this week or next, I will show you how to step this card up to the next level if you want a little more elaborate card to send out.

Yesterday I was asked where I get Shrinky Dink. I bought mine at Michael's. They have it in the aisle with stamps and ink. Mine only carries White plastic, but I have heard that sometimes you can find other colors as well. You will need to use Stazon to stamp with and if you plan to color your images in it says it is only tested to be used with Alcohol inks. I think Sharpies are on their approved list too.

7 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

what a beautiful card, and love the simple elegance of it, will definitely put this one on my short list for Christmas Cards.

My Paper World said...

Stunning and elegant!

emily said...

jenn,
this is sooooo pretty!!! i love that ribbon!

Cheryl said...

Super awesome card. I love simple.

Shel9999 said...

It might be simple, but it's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I love this card!!!! I can't wait to see the one up version though...It will definitely be one of my Christmas cards!!!!

Heather P. said...

Oh, this is lovely!!