October 22, 2007

Inspiration Challenge

I didn't get much of a chance to sit down and stamp anything new this weekend, and when I did try to update my blog everything just came through in html coding and didn't look pretty. I guess Blogger must have been updating or having some issues because most of my Google Reader entries from Blogger sites did that over the weekend too. I did have a chance to work on the Inspiration Challenge which gave this painted gourd as a starting place.

I borrowed Wanted from my upline Terry so that I can use it along with Bronc Buster on Evan's party invites, but I thought it would make a good medallion for the gourd as well. I looked at the picture and was inspired by the medallion, real red, basic black and creamy caramel colors. That is how this card was created. I didn't want to take too much away from the medallion so the background was simply sponged with real red, creamy caramel and close to cocoa. In real life it has a suede looking texture that does not come across in the photo at all.

Can you tell how much more lighting I have to work with? My pictures are 10 times brighter than they were before. I am so happy with my lighting situation where before I felt like I was in a cave on dark dreary days.

Stamps: Wanted
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, Basic Gray
Ink: Creamy Carmel, Real Red, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Mustard grosgrain, coluzzle, round tab punch, scallop punch, 1 3/8 circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, dimensionals, vintage brad, 1/16" hole punch, crafters tool kit, cutter's tool kit, sponge

3 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Love how you did the circle, in the circle, in the circle, Great card.

beate said...

Great card for this inspiration challenge! Love your triple layered medaillon.

Heather P. said...

Love the bold colors you used... This is great!