October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I have always wanted to try the Cracked Glass technique and I was so happy that I had all of the supplies I needed at home. I am very new to heat embossing. I just got my heat gun a few months ago and just last month I got the Glassy Glaze Embossing Powder. I can only say Wow! What a neat effect. If you don't know the technique, here is a link to the tutorial. As I'm planning my next 6 months of classes this is definitely going to be one of my technique classes. I had so much fun learning this technique and the possibilities are endless.



I started with a Really Rust base and layered it with a piece of Apple Cider Designer Series Paper. All of my matted images are matted on Really Rust as well. The smaller piece of designer series paper is from the Baroque Backgrounds. I thought I had grabbed another piece of Apple Cider paper, but decided to mix and match. Why not try something new along with the new technique I learned.



For the cracked glass layer I stamped images from Autumn Fest on Whisper White cardstock. I used Really Rust, Creamy Caramel and Old Olive. For the stems I used my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker. I then followed the cracked glass tutorial. I didn't want to over do my layout to take away from this technique, so I simply added a piece of 5/8" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon and then cut out two acorns that I stamped in Creamy Carmel and then colored the tops in with my Chocolate Chip marker. The acorns are popped up on dimensionals.



I hope you all have a fun filled Halloween!



Jenn

5 comments:

corinnesomerville said...

Wow!!! I love this !!! It's gorgeous !!! Great job :)

Flossie's Follies said...

Oh my, this is beautiful, love the colors you used and your image is fantastic.

Tina said...

This is so pretty. I must say that the cracked glass really sets it off. I love it!

My Paper World said...

Wow! So beautiful!

Heather P. said...

Oh, this is SO pretty! Great job with the technique! :)