October 19, 2007

Glittery Snowflakes


I was walking through my bedroom and as I passed the box of Stampin' Up! stuff that is waiting to be passed out in the next few days I caught a glimpse of this paper from Dashing designer series paper. I knew I still had this piece left in my stash, so I pulled it out to use today. This is the Sketch Challenge for this week. I added to the main panel by adding a row of scallops onto my main panel, but otherwise I stuck to the original layout.



I wanted to have some nicely falling snow in the background, so I stamped the image in Versamark, poured on Heat and Stick powder. After it was melted I poured on Dazzling Diamonds, heat set it again and I had some nice glittery snowflakes playing on my card. I can't tell you how hard it is to photograph glitter. I am still struggling with that.



From there my card is fairly simple. The main image from Seasonal Whimsy is stamped in Blue Bayou and matted on Real Red and Basic Gray. I love how this paper takes on a warm blue tone when mixed with these colors. It's almost like a chameleon color and goes with anything. It really is one of my favorite neutrals now.




Stamps: Seasonal Whimsy
Paper: Real Red, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Dashing dsp, Basic Gray
Ink: Versamark, Blue Bayou
Accessories: slit punch, 1/16" hole punch, vintage brads, 5/8" real red grosgrain, heat and stick powder, dazzling diamonds, heat gun, dimensionals

8 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is beautiful, love the sparkle.

Tina said...

Gorgeous card.

Michelle said...

I LOVE this set and feel it doesn't get used enough! I'm glad to see you own it, too...that means me, you and Flossie have great taste! LOL!
Beautiful card!

My Paper World said...

Just beautiful! I love the sparkle and scallops!

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and those scallops along the bottom!

beate said...

Jenn, this is gorgeous!

Paula said...

Hi - dropping by for the first time to say I love your cards!

I was working on some Christmas cards
today for a swap. I just love this one!

Heather P. said...

This is a beauty!! Absolutely LOVE it!