October 26, 2007

Flowery Thanks

First off I want to answer a question about the Handy Home Organizer. Denise asked if I roughed up the vinyl first before applying the Mod Podge. I didn't. It went on smoothly and is sticking just fine. I did learn while completing the process and I actually took out the back pocket. It's a little bumpy where the front pocket is on the binder, not very noticeable, but it bugs me. If there is a plastic area to put inserts on the front of your binder I'd remove those too. The inside pocket came out very easily with scissors.

I made this card for the Sketch Challenge this week. So Much was a set we received at Regionals and besides that I haven't done much stamping with it. I used the same colors as the color challenge again - Soft Sky, Basic Gray and Purely Pomegranate. The card is fairly simple to make so I'll just leave you with the ingredients for it.

There was a comment on one of my pictures that I took with brads and my paper piercer in the background. The person was surprised that I used my paper piercer to add brads. When I am adding a row of brads I like to use my paper piercer and my mat pack. I can line up the holes for evenly spaced brads all of the time. It also doesn't limit you to adding a brad to only spaces where your 1/16" hole punch can reach. On this particular card I poked the hole where I wanted the center brad first. Each of the other brads are 5 holes away from each other when using the tiny paper piercing holes on my mat pack. Now there's a good reason to use your mat pack more often. Mine doesn't leave my stamping table very often, although I do keep my crafter's tool kit put away unless I'm using it. Otherwise I fear what my kids might do with all of those tools. *gasp*

Have a great Friday!

Jenn

Stamps: So Much
Paper: Soft Sky, Soft Sky dsp, Basic Gray, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Sky, Basic Gray, Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: crafter's tool kit, vintage brads, basic gray taffeta ribbon, jumbo pewter eyelets, aquapainter, sponge, ticket corner punch, dimensionals

7 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a beautiful card, those flowers are great. Have a wonderful weekend.

PATTY said...

I love the flowers on your card. Such beautiful work.

patty
www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

My Paper World said...

Really pretty, Love the flowers!

Angie Tieman said...

Love this card! The colors are fab! I can't wait to get this set, you've really inspired me!

AJ said...

Love the card! I *only* use my paper piercer now to attach brads!! It's one of those "go to" type tools!!

Mary said...

Jenn, this is a beautiful card!!! I love the colors you used. Thanks for the tip about positioning brads. Great blog!

Heather P. said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this!