October 1, 2007

Featured Stamper Challenge

If you have seen Jenn Balcer's artwork you will know that she is great at using bright colorful colors and for her it just works. Not many people can pull off the Bold Brights family like she can. I wanted to keep that part of her artwork in my card. I chose this card of hers to CASE. If you'd like to check out more of her work you can visit her blog as well.





As you can see I kept the placement of ribbon and her main panel the same. I changed the layout by shortening my card and adding on the row or Rose Red scallops that were made with my 3/16" corner rounder punch. I then added some Soft Sky designer series paper to the inside bottom of the card and stamped the sentiment from Absolutely Fabulous in Blue Bayou ink. Then it was quite simple. I randomly stamped images from In the Spotlight hostess set in Rose Red, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Groovy Guava, tied on a piece of Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon and I was done. I really love the colors in this card and I hope it reflects Jenn's sense of stamping style.

3 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great color combo, love your card.

Lindsey (jacksonbelle) said...

This is just darling! You did a great job!! I just tried to email you with your mono share info, but it said it couldn't be delivered. Could you email me! :) THANKS!

Tara said...

love, love, love this card!!! :)