October 4, 2007

Everyone's Doing It

Going Pink for the month of October that is. It just took me a few days longer as I put the finishing touches on my banner. I made my banner in a program called Paint Shop Pro, and all in all, it takes me about an hour. It is easy once you know the basics. If anyone has questions you can post them in the comment section and I will try to get to them over the next few days.





I'm a little behind on challenges. I started the Try a New Technique Challenge last night, couldn't figure out what direction to go with my second card and I walked away from it. A few minutes later it started storming and we lost power. I guess that was my sign that I needed a break.





I ordered Bronc Buster last week because we finally decided on a theme for Evan's 2nd birthday party which is just over a month away. It of course is a Cowboy theme and I have been wanting this set since it came out. I used Jen del Muro's sketch, that is found on Sisterhood of Scrap. They also have up a new sketch to try everyday in celebration of World Card Making Day.


This second card is made using the exact same sketch, but the challenge was to keep everything the same except for the stamp set. Instead of Bronc Busters I used Autumn Leaf Prints, a retired Stampin' Up! set. I wanted the one leaf to stand out more so I sponged it with Really Rust ink and popped it up on a dimensional.

Card #1:

Stamps- Bronc Buster, So Many Sayings

Card #2:

Stamps- True Friend, Autumn Leaf Prints

Same on both cards:

Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Sage Shadow, Outlaw dsp, Really Rust, Very Vanilla

Ink: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip (Really Rust on Card #2 only)

Accessories: sponge, ticket corner punch, scallop circle punch, 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8" circle punches (dimensionals - Card #2 only)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Both cards are awesome! I love these colours!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Love your banner...I wimp out and have my DD who is a graphic major grad do mine...lazy I guess...but your's ROCKS! Great job on the banner AND on both of these cards. Very nicely done, indeed!

Flossie's Follies said...

Love your cards, they ar great, your banner is awesome, I also went Pink but yours is awesome.

Heather P. said...

These cards are gorgeous! I love them, especially the one with the leaves. Wow!