October 17, 2007

Enjoying Tammy's Style

StamperTammy was the Featured Stamper on Sunday and as soon as I saw this card, I knew it was one I was going to CASE. Those circles in the background screamed Enjoy Every Moment to me. We all know I have been using that set a lot lately.



I was searching through my stash of Designer Series Paper and came across some leftovers from my Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' Kit that I used to make my Flip Album a few weeks ago. Along with that came some Pretty in Pink textured cardstock and I love Stampin' Up!'s new textured cardstock. It is so much fun to work with. I stamped my circles from Enjoy Every Moment in Pretty in Pink along the right side of this card overlapping them as I went.



It was quite simple from there. I added a strip of Soft Sky, rectangles of Wild Wasabi and then my Designer Series paper. I then stamped my flower in Real Red on Whisper White, cut it out, added a Jumbo Pewter Eyelet and then went onto the more complicated part.



The largest stamp in this set is a journaling block surrounded by a bunch of small flowers. This to me screams Scallop Punch, but I do not have one in that size. I only have Stampin' Up!'s scallop punch that was released on July 1st. So I stamped my imaged on Wild Wasabi, used my coluzzle to cut it out and then used my 3/16" corner rounder to make my own scallop circle. It isn't perfect, but I like the effect. To finish it off I added a piece of HodgePodge Hardware and some Soft Sky double stitched ribbon. I set this layer up on dimensionals and that was it. A simple card with a slightly complicated twist.




Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment
Paper: Pink textured cardstock, Winter Bright SS kit dsp, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Soft Sky
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: coluzzle, 3/16" corner rounder, crop-a-dile, jumbo pewter eyelet, Ice rhinestone brad, dimensionals, 1/16" hole punch, HPH, Soft Sky Double Stitched Ribbon

4 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is fantastic, I love that paper, and you made your own scallop, OMG, that is great and it looks fantastic, heck I have the punch and don't get it right most of the time. Love the card.

Tara said...

love this card and the colors are great!! :)

kathleenh said...

So cute! I love your idea of creating your own scallop circle! I can't wait to get my hands on this set.

Heather P. said...

What a fun card!