October 12, 2007

Boo Box and Pencil Charms

I have been working on this project for a few days for All That Scraps. I wanted to make a cute little box to hold non-candy Halloween treats. Colin's school is big into healthy snack and no candy holiday parties in the efforts to cut down on childhood obesity. So this is what I came up with. I figured the teacher can keep the box and the kids can each have a nicely decorated Halloween pencil. With over 25 kids in the class these are fun and easy to make too.



To make the box, I took 4 square medium weight coasters, ran a glue stick over them and added SEI designer paper from the Smarty line. I alternated sides of the paper so that both patterns showed. After it was all glued on I trimmed the paper, sanded the sides and then punched holes in each coaster with my Bind-It-All. I laced the corners with May Arts satin ribbon in Red and Orange to tie the box together. The bottom is made with a piece of basic black cardstock that is cut slightly bigger than the bottom. I then scored the sides, folded them up and inserted it into the bottom. A little crystal effects holds it perfectly in place.



I then stamped Donald Frankenstein from C.C. Designs onto Coconut Smoothie paper from Bazzill in Jetblack stazon. The sentiment is stamped in the same ink and is from C.C. Designs as well. I colored him in with my AquaPainter and classic inks. The colors can be found in the recipe below. I then layered the image on Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black cardstock.



The pencil charms are simply stamped onto Coconut Smoothie paper, punched out and layered on a scallop in either basic black or pumpkin pie and tied on with natural hemp twine.




Stamps: Halloween Set from C.C. Designs
Paper: SEI Smarty, Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie from Stampin' Up!, Coconut Smoothies from Bazzill
Ink: Jetblack Stazon, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Basic Gray, Blue Bayou
Accessories: Red and Orange Satin Ribbon from May Arts, Bind It All, Coasters, Anywhere Glue Stick, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop punch, 1/16" circle punch, natural hemp twine

6 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

this is adorable, the kids will love those tags on the pencils.

Jennifer Ofiana said...

This is so cute. What a good idea!

corinnesomerville said...

This is sooooooo cute !!!! Love it :)

Have a great day
Corinne (aka Roxy

Mistylynn said...

TOO TOO TOO CUTE! That little frankenstein is melting my heart. Where can I find C.C. Designs stamps? Love your project and your pencils. Take care.
Misty

Christi said...

This is SO cute!!!

Heather P. said...

Such a great idea! This is fantastic. :)