October 30, 2007

Birthday Invitations

These last few days have been hectic and crazy and today completely escaped me. I don't even know where it went to. I remember getting up before the sun, taking Colin to school, going to playgroup and cleaning most of the 1st floor. Then it was lunch and playing outside. What wonderful weather we are having. It's in the mid 60's and should stay that way through tomorrow. Halloween is always up in the air weather wise. It can be nice and mild, cold and rainy or we can even have snow on the ground. I much prefer the nice and mild now that I have to accompany the troops door to door as they gather their candy.


Speaking of candy, did you hear the average amount of calories collected in an average bag while Trick or Treating? I was amazed at the number. An average bag of Halloween candy contains around 4, 000 calories. Think about that the next time you did into your kids stash.

These are the invitations I am working on for Evan's 2nd birthday. I used the z-fold card like in my last post. I think it's a bit different than the average invitation so I am happy with that. I used Outlaw Designer Series Paper, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel and Really Rust. I am using only 1 ink color - Close to Cocoa for these. I added some Hemp Twine, decorated some corners with my ticket corner punch and the part that holds the card closed is punched out with the Scallop Punch, 1" circle punch and has a Vintage brad in the center. The sets are Bronc Buster and Wanted. Now I have about 10 more to go.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Great invite! It's funny....I just stamped my daughters birthday invites! Just have to put them together now.

Christi said...

Your invitation is awesome!!

Flossie's Follies said...

Love the invite, the medallion looks like it is leather.

Heather P. said...

These invites are fantastic!