October 16, 2007

Basic Stemps

For some reason I had a mental block when it came to last week's Color Challenge, which included Basic Black, Basic Gray and River Rock. I love these colors but I had a hard time visualizing a layout and how I was going to use all of these colors together.



I was sitting at my stamping table looking at Stem Silhouettes and thought it would look so neat embossed in white on Basic Black cardstock. That is how this card was born. It was fairly simple to put together and I was done in about 10 minutes. Yet, to me it has a very elegant feel.



I used my embossing buddy on the Basic Black cardstock because I didn't want any stray pieces of embossing powder on this. Stamped my image in Versamark and then heat embossed with White Embossing Powder. Then all I did was ink up a sponge with Basic Gray ink and sponged the edged of my River Rock and Apple Cider Designer Series Paper before I distressed it with my Cutter's Tool kit. I added 3 black Vintage Brads, stamped my sentiment in Basic Gray and put it all together. I have to say I really love this set embossed with white on the dark cardstock.




Stamps: Stem Silhouettes
Paper: Basic Gray, River Rock, Apple Cider dsp, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Gray, Versamark
Accessories: sponge, cutter's tool kit, 1/16" hole punch, vintage brads, white ep, heat gun
Techniques: heat embossing

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see this - where's the card?

Christina Fischer said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the white embossed stem on the black cardstock!

Carol said...

The stem looks great embossed in white! I love the look of the sentiment going down the side of the focal piece too. Great card!

Flossie's Follies said...

Love this card, your emobssing on the black is fantastic, very elegant.

Carol said...

What a fantastic card! I love the colors and I love the stamp!

Renée said...

this is beautiful! I love the colours and the nice clean layout!

Do you find the Embossing Buddy works well? I haven't yet gotten it ... but am tempted to!

joyk said...

Beautiful image embossed on the black..........very striking card!

Heather P. said...

Wow, such a dramatic image... Awesome card!