October 24, 2007

Basic Baroque

Yesterday's color challenge was to use Basic Gray, Purely Pomegranate and Soft Sky. Along with that challenge I took it one step further and used supplies that came in one of the Regional card kits. You can see that challenge on Sharon's blog. I used all of the paper but the piece of Soft Sky cardstock that is 2 1/4" X 4". I did add some paper piercing, a few brads, dimensionals and used my ticket corner punch.

These colors are so rich together. I used Baroque Motifs and I limited myself to using only one stamp set, since at Regionals we only had a few to work with as well. I stamped the flourish on Basic Gray in the same color. On my Purely Pomegranate layer I used the smallest flower in the set. I stamped kind repeatedly on Soft Sky in Versamark and then again on Whisper White in Basic Gray.

The center flower has to be my favorite part of this card. I took the largest medallion in the set and stamped it twice on Whisper White in Purely Pomegranate. I cut it out so that I omitted the 4 sections on the sides that have the extra "leaf" on the edge. I then layered the two pieces together and I made my own prima like flower. To add more dimension I ran the petals along my bone folder which curled them under a bit. I added a brad in the center, placed it on a dimensional and the card was complete.

I will try to see if I can find the original card I made with these supplies at the Louisville Regional and post that later today so that you can see how different one card can be if you just change the stamp set and layout.

Jenn



Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Paper: Basic Gray, Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Purely Pomegranate, Versamark
Accessories: ticket corner punch, crafters tool kit, vintage brads, dimensionals, Sherbet Ribbon Originals, dimensionals

9 comments:

stefanie said...

Really lovely card!

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is lovely, the colors are great and love your medallion, that is such a great stamp set.

beate said...

Jenn, you made a wonderful card with the regional kit!!!
Hugs and smiles

Mistylynn said...

Yum, yum, yummy! I love all of it!
Misty

Andrea said...

Great card, I love this colour combination

Joan B said...

Gorgeous!!

Angie Tieman said...

Love this one! These colors totally rock!

StamperSharon said...

Great job with the kit and color challenge, Jenn -- you won my contest! Please send me your mailing address and I'll send out your surprise! Thanks so much for playing!

Heather P. said...

That center flower is FABULOUS!! Such a pretty card!