September 17, 2007

To Eat or To Nap?


That is the question. Let me tell you that these nap strikes are killing my stamping time. I have gotten nothing done today. Usually in the afternoon, Evan will nap and Colin will veg out on the couch with a book, play a quiet game or watch something quietly on the TV. This gives me time to stamp, get dinner ready and tidy up around the house. When Evan doesn't nap, both boys bicker and fight because they are both tired and crabby and they get on each other's nerves let alone mine. Needless to say, Evan didn't get a nap in today and obviously my dinner wasn't worth eating. Sleep won out. One minute he was taking a bite of his breadstick and the next minute he was counting sheep and drooling all over the dinner table.




After I got Evan to bed and Roger and Colin quietly settled upstairs I took a bit of a break and tried out today's Try a New Technique. Most of you know by my posts now that I am folding challenged so I have put off trying out this tutorial by Jenn Balcer for SCS called the 2, 5, 7, 10 box. Let me tell you I got it the first time with no problem. It is so super easy that if I can do it so can you.


I started with Sage Shadow for the base and wheeled it with the Boho Friend wheel in matching ink. The top flap has Outlaw designer series paper on it and to make the scallops stand out a bit more I doodled on them with the Sage Shadow stampin' write marker. I tied it all together with Blue Bayou Double stitched ribbon. The main panel has Very Vanilla, Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip cardstock. I started by stamping the circular flower image in Sage Shadow, but I stamped off twice before I stamped on the main panel because I wanted a very subtle background. I then used Old Olive and Really Rust to stamp my flower image and Chocolate Chip for the Thank U sentiment. I love to make my images pop off the page so I highlighted the flower and sentiment with Sahara Sand ink that I used my AquaPainter for. I find that I have to do this all of the time because it makes such a dramatic change in your focal image. I also used my double hole punch and 3 1/6" corner rounder to make this project.


I hear Evan screaming upstairs. Maybe he does want to finish his dinner after all. I can't wait to tell you guys my wonderful news. Hopefully in the next 24 hours you will see it posted here.


Jenn

6 comments:

Karen said...

Awww I remember the face in the place days when dd was little! They are so cute!

I love your 2, 5, 7, 10 box! The DP goes great!

Flossie's Follies said...

This is fantastic, love the stamps you used and your colors, can't wait to hear the wonderful news.

Michelle said...

LOL, what a cute photo!
You made a great gift bag!

Well Said Cards said...

Oh my goodness! That photo is adorable. Cute project, too.

My Paper World said...

What a gorgeous bag, I love the colours and all the attention to detail, like the doodling on the scallop. A really beautiful project!

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous!! Wow!

LOL, I can so relate to nap strikes interfering with stamp time... Don't little one's know mommy ~needs~ them to sleep?? :)