September 4, 2007

Surprise Pop Up Card: Take 2


Even though I was quite pleased with my backwards Pop-Up card I had to make another to prove that I can follow directions. This one pulls up from the top and goes the right direction! For this card I wanted to use my LeJardin papers, so I went with a Soft Sky, River Rock and So Saffron color combination. I first stamped the large flourish from Baroque Motifs in Soft Sky and the flower in Whisper White craft ink before heat embossing it with crystal clear embossing powder. I then sponged the sides in Soft Sky ink.


I took my designer series paper, used a ticket corner punch on the edges and adhered it to my Soft Sky base with SNAIL. I added Vintage brads and cut my slider part following the directions listed in the tutorial section of SCS. I then added the Blue Bayou Double Stitched ribbon and cut it along the same lines to make sure it moved with the card.




I set the front of the card to the side and began to work on my slider insert. I used my 3/16" corner rounder to round the top edges and stamped used the three leaf stamp from Carte Postal in So Saffron stamped off once on this layer. I also sponged the edges with So Saffron ink. I put my slider card together and started on the front medallion.


To do this I stamped my square image from Carte Postal three times on Shimmery White cardstock. Once in each color: River Rock, Groovy Guava and Purely Pomegranate. I cut out the layers and put them together with dimensionals. I added mats of Soft Sky and Blue Bayou before adhering this layer to the card base.


On the inside I stamped off the Fleur de lis in Close to Cocoa before stamping it onto my river rock layer. I then added the sentiment from Absolutely Fabulous in Close to Cocoa. In hindsight I should have stamped it one shade darker and if I were to recreate this card I'd use Chocolate Chip ink to make it stand out a bit more.


To finish the card off I used my 1/4" circle punch and added a piece of Ribbon Originals from the Sherbet collection. I used a staple to attach it to the slider part of the card.


I got a lot accomplished in my newly organized stamping space. It is so nice to have a clean and functional work area. Now maybe I can actually get started on some swap cards for the Louisville Regionals. We'll see if I accomplish that today.


Jenn

2 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

I liked your other one, even though it was backward, This card is great, love the swirls and the stripoped paper.

chris gontarz said...

I love the way you used the background paper on your cards. I'm off to try one with the paper I have. Thanks for sharing. Love the card... upside-down and right-side up!