September 23, 2007

Star-Studded Birthday



I wasn't planning on stamping this morning, but when I saw who the Featured Stamper was I knew I just had to make time. On Sunday, Roger and I switch off weekends taking Colin to church, because Evan is at the age where he is too young for Children's Church and had a very hard time sitting quietly for an hour. Today was my weekend and we have a party planned to celebrate my Dad's birthday and our Anniversary so my day is booked. After church I came right down to my stamping space and this is what I accomplished.


I picked this card from Kristina's gallery to case. She has such a clean style of stamping and her cards are all gorgeous. If I only had an ounce of her talent I'd be one happy gal. You can also visit her blog to check out her amazing cards and projects.

As you can see I kept her layout, but I changed the color scheme. I did use Apple Cider designer series paper, but opted for the Chocolate Chip pattern instead. I stamped the soft sky with my polka dots from the Three for You punch box and then stamped the sentiment from Hugs and Wishes in Soft Sky on Whisper White cardstock. I added a simple bow with Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon. The flower is from In the Spotlight and is stamped in Regal Rose before being punched out with my 5 petal flower punch. I added a Rhinestone brad in the center of the flower and I was done.


I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday afternoon. I'll be back tomorrow with a new project.


Jenn

4 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This is so pretty, love the elegance of it.

My Paper World said...

Very pretty, love these colours!

beate said...

Awesome card! I have to still do Saturday and Sunday's challenge. Boy, this weekend just flew by.
I did get another scrapbook page done though with this weekend's sketch. That will be next Sunday's post!
Have a great week...sorry about my ramblings. LOL
Hugs and smiles

Carol said...

Love the color combo and rounded corners!