September 12, 2007

So I'm Good at Guilt Trips


I guess this requires some explanation. I know a lot of people online from my parenting message boards, my Paint Shop Pro groups and now Splitcoaststampers and other stamping blogs. My friends that I have known online the longest (other moms) know I am a terribly horrible person when it comes to keeping up a blog. I'd start, stop, get fed up because I hadn't updated and then eventually delete the entire thing because there was no rhyme or reason to it. I can't tell you how many Xanga blogs I had or how little I use my MySpace page. As you can see in the early days of this blog it was rather sporadic and non-existent. Then somehow people started finding my site, commenting on my creations and all of a sudden I felt a connection to my readers through my little space on the web. I hate to disappoint people so I started updating on a more regular basis which at first was a few times a month, then a few times a week and now I update almost daily.


Now it comes to my little quirk. It's almost like I am obsessed with stamping a new project with the sole purpose of sharing with all of you. I feel guilty when I can't post and therefore I can't do anything else until I do. Pathetic huh? I guess it's not really when you look at how far I have grown as a blogger and as a stamper since I started doing this. My one year anniversary of stamping is coming up in just a few months and I can't wait to share with you all of the awesome things I will be doing to celebrate that. So mark your calendar for late November, mid December and come and join in all of the fun.


This is a sort of quick card I put together using Julee's Mojo Monday sketch. As you can see I'm a week behind, but I knew that this sketch would work perfectly for my Shower Time stamps from My Favorite Things. The color combination sounded sort of strange when I wrote it down on paper but it comes directly from my Basic Grey Mellow paper that I got from Archiver's on my last trip there. It is Purely Pomegranate, Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou, Marigold Morning, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi and Whisper White. I wanted to keep with the Polka Dot theme so I added some polka dots from Stampin' Up!'s Three For You Punch box, some dry embossing with my Crop-a-Dile and the paper pieced umbrella. Now to get started on something for tomorrow. Have a great evening and I can get over my guilt trip.

4 comments:

Shadowcatcher said...

This is just gorgeous! I love everything about it, especially that perfect little bow. I know all about that internal blogger guilt, I've got a serious case of it too! :)

Flossie's Follies said...

Great card, love the paper piecing you did on the umbrella.

Toni said...

You've been stamping less than a year??? No Way! Such talent! :)
I feel guilty too, if I don't update my blog every day. But I don't, so I feel guilty a lot!

Michelle said...

You should blog when YOU feel like it, about what YOU feel like blogging about...no guilt!
Your card is adorable!