September 29, 2007

Reindeer Wishes

Michelle Giraud aka Flaxychick at Twisted Chick Creations, posted a challenge over on her blog. She provided the directions for making these cute little boxes. I got some new Basic Grey paper yesterday and I thought it would make the perfect Christmas box along with my Reindeer Games stamp set from C.C. Designs, that can be found at All That Scraps. The Basic Grey paper is from the Fruitcake Line and is double sided. One side is Holly Berries and the other is Spearmint. This project was so simple. I folded the box following Michelle's pattern.


I then stamped the reindeer from Reindeer Games in Timber Brown Stazon on Shimmery White and used my AquaPainter with the following colors to color it in (Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Basic Gray and Going Gray). I also highlighted the image with Sahara Sand. I matted it on Old Olive and Real Red cardstock, added a 5/8" Real Red grosgrain ribbon and then put the image on with dimensionals. I added some puffs from Michael's and white gel pen highlighting to the skates. To finish I added the sentiment on the same cardstock colors as my main image but stamped it in Blue Bayou ink.


If you haven't tried out Michelle's challenge you should head over to her blog. I promise it's fun and easy. I think I'm going to make some cards to fit inside my box later this week.


Jenn

2 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Super cute box!! I'll have to head over there and try it out!

Michelle said...

Your box turned out awesome! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!