September 21, 2007

Limited Layers



I love layers. The more the better is usually my mantra, but today the Limited Supply Challenge was to limit your layers and embellishments. This is the first card I have made for the challenge but I have another idea floating around in my head, so I'm sure it is not going to be my last.

I often say that I need help in simplifying things. A lot of the cards I make are hard to reproduce because I am a very time intensive person. It takes me a long time to sort out what I want to add to my card front and where I want an element to go. I often lay the entire card out before I commit myself to adhering something to the base.

For this card I used River Rock for the base and added a strip of Apple Cider designer series paper with a piece of Wild Wasabi Double Stitiched ribbon. I then stamped the flower image from Oh, So Lovely onto Shimmery White cardstock in Timber Brown stazon before I used my AquaPainter to color in the image with Wild Wasabi and Really Rust classic ink. I then matted it on Really Rust cardstock. To finish the card off I stamped the Sentiment from Seasonal Whimsy in Close to Cocoa ink. I was surprised at how quickly the card came together.

Now I am off to catch up on blogs and hopefully stamp some more. Angie Tieman talked about how much she liked Google Reader and I have to say I am hooked! I log in, check to see who has updated and it is so easy to go to thier site, leave a comment and continue on with my reading. It has saved me a lot of time and I read a lot of blogs. It also allows you to star an idea or tutorial you are interested in and all I need to do to find it again is to click on my starred folder and it is right at my fingertips. If you read a lot of blogs you should check it out.

5 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

I love the elegant simplicity of this card, and the colors are great. Know what you mean about google reader I am also hooked on it, did not realize you could star an item, will have to check that out,that is cool

Dani said...

Wow, this card is fantastic. Simple yet beautiful. I also love Google Reader and also didn't know about the star thing either. So cool! Thanks for sharing!

Lovetostamp6 said...

Simply gorgeous! Jennifer :)

Angie Tieman said...

Ahhh, glad you like the Google Reader! Now you've taught me something...I did not know about starring items, doh! I'm always finding tutorials, etc that I want to try, so I have to leave all of those windows open so I can remember...then invariably the power goes out and my computer shuts down and I've lost them! Starred folders would be much better! Thanks!

Heather P. said...

This is SOOOO pretty!! I love Google Reader, too... It definitely makes it easier to keep up with things!