September 6, 2007

Leavin' On a Jet Plane!



I didn't want to disappoint everyone and not have an actual post for today, so I saved yesterday's Sketch Challenge card to show to you.

Doodle This is one of my favorite stamp sets and I haven't used it in a very long time. I feel it making it's way back into my projects and classes. I love this big flower.

The base of this card is Groovy Guava and is stamped with Tres Chic and again with Aida Cloth in Groovy Guava ink. The main panel is Blue Bayou topped with Soft Sky designer series paper and each corner is punched with my ticket corner punch. I then added strips of River Rock. I wanted to use some double stitched ribbon but my order won't be here until I leave. But I will have lots of new ribbon upon my return. I stamped the large flourish from Doodle This in Versamark, topped it with Crystal Clear embossing powder and used my heat gun. I then colored in the flowers with my white gel pen to make them stand out a bit more.

The large doodle flowers are stamped in Timber Brown Stazon and then colored in with Groovy Guava ink with Wild Wasabi in the center. I heard that if you use Fantastix that you will get a gorgeous saturated color and that is exactly what I got. I got a package of 3 brush tips and 3 bullet tips for $4.99 at Michael's yesterday.

The word love comes from the Tres Chic background stamp. I used my Fantastix again to transfer ink to just that word, stamped it on Whisper White and then punched it out with my small oval punch. Then the larger oval is punched from River Rock.

I hope you all have a great day! I probably won't be able to update until Saturday. My plane gets back to Chicago around 9 at night and I have an hour drive home from the airport.

Jenn

6 comments:

Marie said...

Have a great time! I wish I hadn't just been in KY for my sister's wedding (I'm from Lexington) or I'd love to go visit my family AND get to go join a bunch of SU! demos for some fun :) Take care!

Flossie's Follies said...

Great card, have fun.

Cheryl said...

WOW! I love this card. Have fun in KY.

Kristine Reynolds said...

This is terrific! Great job with the challenge.

Angie Tieman said...

Beautiful card! Love the Aida background stamped with the Tres Chic background!

Arctic Spring said...

Great card - thanks for sharing - I love your blog you do some amazing work. Thank you for your inspiration....