September 4, 2007

Joy



I decided I was on a roll last night so I completed Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. This card took me a good chunk of time to complete and I find that I tend to try to add so many details that a lot of my cards are hard to reproduce for my classes. I have one coming up on Sunday, and this card will not make the cut.


I started with a Groovy Guava base and layered it with Soft Sky designer series paper. I stamped the edges with All in a Row's argyle stamp a la Beate in Basic Gray ink. I then added a strip of Old Olive ink in which I stamped joy using the Jumbo Outline Alphabet in Always Artichoke ink. The inside of the letters was colored in with my Versamarker pen. I then stamped the flower image from Punch Pals on Groovy Guava and used my Three for You Punch Box to punch out the flowers. I also colored them in with my Versamarker. I attached them to the card with Silver Vintage Brads.


The circles were cut out with my Cutterbee Curvy Cutter and while I like the smoothness of the tracks I do not like the cutting system. It is hard to get exactly the right size circle and I am planning on getting a Coluzzle instead. I took my largest circle of Always Artichoke and using my 3/16" corner rounder added a scalloped edge. I then stamped the trees on Whisper White and colored them in with Old Olive, Blue Bayou, Always Artichoke, Purely Pomegranate and So Saffron ink with my AquaPainter. I added some more stamping from All in a Row in Whisper White on my scallops.


The tag, penguin and sentiment are all from Punch Pals. I added a bit of white grosgrain ribbon with a staple to finish off my card.

5 comments:

Mistylynn said...

What a card!!!! Love the details. I think that penguin is adorable. Love how it all came together for you.
Misty
PS thanks for the words of encouragement

beate said...

Jenn, this looks amazing! You rock!!!

Rita said...

What a cute card...then again I'm partial to penguins! I luv what you did with this card & luv the colors.

Flossie's Follies said...

Love the colors you used on this card, and that penguin is too cute.

Angie Tieman said...

What a fabulous card! Love those trees in the circle and the little penguin! Great details!