September 10, 2007

Isn't this Sweet?



This is a little Halloween Candy Holder that we were taught how to make at the Louisville Regionals. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to recreate it and we had fun making them at my class on Sunday. I used the Creepy Crawly designer Series paper, Print Pattern, Chocolate Chip ink (on the inside for the pattern) and Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon to make this. Mine has a roll of Smarties in it, but you could easily fit a Tootsie Roll or another piece of bite sized candy inside of it.

To make this treat holder I cut a piece of designer series paper to the size of the Print Pattern Wooden block. I then layed it out so that the 5 diamonds went horizontal and the 6 diamonds were vertical. Starting vertically (six diamonds across) I cut the paper through the middle of the first and sixth row of diamonds. I then turned the paper horizontally and cut throught the center of the first row of diamonds and then the fifth row. Turning the paper vertically again I scored through the center of the second, third, forth and fifth diamonds. On the horizontal diamonds I cut a triangular piece out of each of the diamonds in the second and fifth rows, all the way across the pattern. To get the triangular piece out of inside rows I folded the paper on the score line, cut out the triangle and then when it is unfolded it will have a diamond shape cut into the center of it. These cuts are the grooves that hold your ribbon.

I tied one end closed, inserted my candy and then tied the other end closed with ribbon. I think I may just make these for my son's Preschool Halloween party this year. I will also add a little Halloween tag to each one as well.


If you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and need the pattern, just e-mail me at startstampin@comcast.net and I will be happy to share. Please note that I do take care of 2 small kids during the day, so I may have to send out the pattern in batches when I get a free moment.


Jenn

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This is such a cute idea!

beate said...

What a cute little treat!