September 5, 2007

I'm going to Kentucky



I'm going to the fair.
I met a senorita,
with a buckle in her hair.
Shake it,
shake it,
shake it.
Shake it if you can.
Shake it like a milkshake,
and shake it once again.


Everytime I hear of Kentucky I think of this song that I learned at a children's birthday party at the Ground Round resturant. I was probably in 2nd or 3rd grade when I learned it, so I've been singing it for at least 23 years if not more. But tomorrow is the big day! I am going to my first ever Stampin' Up! event and I am excited. I didn't want to go empty handed so I made about 20 swap cards to take with. This is my swap. I have never swapped in person so I hope my card is up to par. I couldn't make it too complicated since I only started working on them last night. Talk about procrastination, or more like too much to do, not enough time.


The colors are Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Really Rust and Very Vanilla. I did use my Old Olive Stampin' Write marker for the stem of the flower from True Friend. I dry embossed my photo corners a la cropadile style, added some paper piercing, vanilla grosgrain ribbon and used my cropadile to add an eyelet to the enter of each flower and I am done. Now I'll get some playtime in before I have to pack. I did check in to the regional seminar and printed my boarding pass, but the rest is yet to be done.


If I don't have time to post in the morning I will be back late Friday night and posting again hopefully on Saturday. Have a great weekend!


Jenn

6 comments:

Jackie W. said...

Your card is AWESOME! I would love it as a swap...too bad I won't be there! Hope you have a great time!!!

Bev S. said...

Jenn, Your card is absolutely beautiful. I would trade with you in a heartbeat if I was there!! I certainly hope someone I know swaps with you so I can see it in person. I'm sure it looks even better in real life!!! (If someone thinks it's not up to trading...then they are ignorant or insane!!)
Bev

Flossie's Follies said...

Have a great time, your card is beautiful, they will be lined up for it.

Kim said...

Your card is gorgeous! No one will believe this is your first SU event. Have fun!!

Linda McClain said...

Your swaps are gorgeous. Enjoy your SU event in style.

Angie Tieman said...

Good for you going to a Regional! They are fabulous! Your card is more than just up to par, it's fantastic! Believe me, they will go fast and the swappers will be ecstatic! Can't wait to hear the details when you get back!