September 21, 2007

I love this set!



I think this set allows any person to excel at watercoloring. It is so much fun. I should have put this at the top of my Holiday Mini order, but I just started playing with it two days ago. I love the sketchy look to it and it makes everything feel like fall, even though we have the air conditioning on because here it is September 21st and we hit 91 degrees today.

I made this card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge and I can't believe it's the 20th sketch already. Exactly where has the time gone? I started out by knowing I wanted to use my Fall Flowers Designer series paper and from there everything just seemed to fall into place. No pun intended. I have a Sahara Sand base to my card and then a layer or Really Rust on which I sponged the edges, used the ticket corner punch on the bottom two and then stamped the largest flower from True Friend in Really Rust ink before adding the layer of Fall Flowers dsp. I then added my faux stitching with All in a Row in Chocolate Chip ink and because I needed a little more detail I paper pierced around the entre layer adding just a few more details in the top corners of the card. I then cut two squares of Chocolate Chip cardstock. One I layered with some more Fall Flowers designer series paper in Soft Sky and then used All in a Row on it once more. To add my sentiment I used Stem Silhouettes and my Stamp-a-ma-jig so that I had a square shaped sentiment instead of a long one. I added a small oval punch around the corner with a vintage brad and set this layer to the side.

My main focal image from Autumn Harvest is stamped in Timber Brown stazon on Shimmery White and colored in with my Earth Elements watercolor wonder crayons and my AquaPainter. I added a photo corner punch and Vintage brads.

To assemble the card I tied basic gray taffeta ribbon around the main layer and then added my squares onto it. I thought in needed a bit more so I added two falling leaves that were stamped onto Whisper White and colored in the same as the main image panel. I really had fun with this set and this sketch, so I am sure I will use it a lot more.

Jenn

9 comments:

beate said...

Jenn,
You already made me order Autumn Apparition. Now you make me think I NEED this set!
Your card is drop dead gorgeous! I LOVE it!!!
I can't believe it's Sketch #20 either. Boy...seems like I just started those.
Have a great weekend. Hugs!!!

Lovetostamp6 said...

Jenn your card is beautiful. I have got to try Beate's card layout, TFS! Jennifer :)

Christi said...

This is such a beautiful card! Great job!

Amy said...

Very pretty card...I love the colors! These sketches are so much fun!

Flossie's Follies said...

Wonderful card, love the coloring

Lori said...

Beautiful! Those Fall Flowers papers are so pretty.

Angie Tieman said...

Beautiful card! This set is really growing on me. I don't find many autumn sets I like, except for Halloween, I don't know why. I may have to give in and get this one. Great job!

Heather P. said...

I LOVE this card! You did an awesome job with the sketch!

Andrea said...

Beautiful card