September 15, 2007

I have some Fabulous news!


First let me start off by telling you how much Roger and I loved Dinners by Design. It was one of the neatest places I have been to. We assembled 12 dinners in under 2 hours and each dinner will last us for 2 meals. That's 24 dinners in under 2 hours! I don't have to cook for a month and we even booked our next Couple's Night Out for October. We had Arizona Beef Brisket for dinner tonight and it smelled absolutely wonderful cooking in the crock pot. The best part is that it took me 2 minutes to take the entree out and dump it into the crock pot. It was all prepared and ready to go.


Today I spent the afternoon stamping with Teresa aka paynete from Splitcoaststampers and Jackie aka hpyscrpr2. We each made a project to share. I showed them how to make the Trick or Treat bags from the Louisville Regional and they brought these cards to make. Aren't they gorgeous! Teresa designed the Booglie eyes card and I love that she used the piece of paper I had sitting in the bottom of my bin because I wasn't sure how to use the mosaic piece. It is a little busy for my tastes, but her use for it is perfect. We took a sponge and Basic Black ink and sponged it on the mosaic pieces. We then stamped "Boo" from Big Deal Alphabet in Pumpkin Pie, made a 1" circle mask with the help of the 1" circle punch and stamped the little guys from Booglie Eyes on with Jetblack Stazon. Here is the best part, she made me watercolor with an actual paint brush and I liked it! I always use my AquaPainter, but the paintbrush was awesome and it is easier to control the water flow for the shading. I may actually have to watercolor with a brush. Happy Halloween is stamped in Jet Black stazon and uses Everyday Flexible Phrases.


The priceless card was designed by Jackie and she taught me a whole new trick. I have never used packing tape to make a glitter window and it was so fun and easy. Plus she used one of my favorite color combinations, Pretty in Pink and Close to Cocoa. The window is made by punching out a scallop circle. I then used it as a mask to stamp a heart on the Whisper White layer, but it is hard to see in the photograph. We then put packing tape, sticky side out on the back of the scallop layer and then dumped dazzling diamonds glitter onto it. It holds to the packing tape like a charm! Isn't that a cool idea? I may have to try this again. I was actually debating on seeing how it would work if I embossed the heart after I added the glitter since the tape is not longer sticky. I'll have to see how that works out at some point.


I have to say I received some absolutely fabulous news today and I can't wait to share it with all of you. It had me running like a mad woman to tell Roger and the kids and had me hopping around with glee all morning. Can you guess what it is???? More to come on this later in the week. Right now I have to pack my rolling tote since I have a class tomorrow.


Have a great Sunday!


Jenn

5 comments:

Jennifer Ofiana said...

I think I can guess your news! :)

emily said...

what is it???
emily

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, those cards are fabulous! I love that masking tip with the 1 inch circle punch and Big Deal alphabet, may have to incorporate that into my stamp club this month!

Flossie's Follies said...

Sounds like some really great news can't wait to hear it, your cards are great, it is always such fun stamping with others.

beate said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Love your projects.