September 14, 2007

I am so not ready


To give up nap times. Evan has decided he is on a napping strike and has been up since 6:30 this morning. Fun, fun. He is a complete grump and has quite the red headed temper. I am so glad we are going out tonight and I hope and pray he behaves for his grandparents and sleeps in late in the morning.


I made this card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #19. I found the inspiration for the colors on this card from my brand new Rachael Ray Magazine that came in the mail today. The colors were Always Artichoke, Purely Pomegranate and Taken with Teal. There was a part that had Only Orange, but I didn't feel I could pull that combo off this afternoon. I am in fact dealing with a nap strike so I couldn't be that brave.


This card is 5 1/4" square. I used my 3/16" corner rounder on the side and started in the middle so that my scallops would be more even on the ends of the card. I then dry embossed each scallop with my Priceless Classy Brass template. I sponged the edges with Always Artichoke ink before stamping Tres Chic in the same color. The main panel has the butterfly stamped in Taken with Teal and then dry embossed. I paper pierced his flight path and dry embossed it as well. I think it needs a little something else, but I am stumped at this point and it is almost time for me to go out. I used the ticket corner punch on all four corners, adhered it to Taken with Teal and added a Vintage brad in each corner. Note to self, invest in more than just Vintage brads. I love brads and I never seem to get any of the other colors and I really should. I stamped "You're absolutely Fabulous" from Absolutely Fabulous in Purely Pomegranate ink, but it is hard to see in the picture. I also used Tempting Turquoise 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" and 1" circle punches.

2 comments:

beate said...

Jenn, I feel for you. The transition from naptime to no naptime is tough! I remember that...

I love the card you came up with. I love the rich colors. Those were this weeks CC!!!

I love that you used your dry embossing template. I get mine out too rarely.

Gorgeous card!!! Thanks for trying the sketch. Hugs and smiles

mum on the run said...

Great card, love what you did with Beate's sketch!!