September 19, 2007

Harvest Pumpkins



Recently I split an order of Watercolor paper with my Mom because I wasn't sure if it was something I'd use and we both wanted to try it out. I have to say that as soon as I colored in these pumpkins I called her to tell her how awesome it is! It makes me even look like I can watercolor and that is something I long to be good at and I still spend many hours working on my technique. I now want reams of it.

Since yesterday I spent time working on craft fair items I didn't get to the color combination over on SCS. Today I decided to combine it with the sketch challenge and I am in love with my results. It is not often that I am totally in love with a card I made when I am done with it. This one is going to be hard to part with so I am addressing the envelope and sending it off right away. The background is a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock on which I wheeled the Boho Friend wheel in Versamark and then used White embossing powder on it. I saw this done at Regionals the the effect is amazing. I then have a piece of River Rock and Apple Cider designer series paper that were sponged with Chocolate Chip ink and then had the corners ticket corner punched. I added a border of paper piercing. The strip is made with Old Olive and River Rock and again I sponged the edges and tore off one side. I added 3 vintage brads and added more paper piercing. For the pumpkins. I stamped them in Timber Brown stazon onto watercolor paper, misted my paper and used my Earth Elements watercolor wondercrayons along with my AquaPainter to color them in. The leaves were done the same way. I stamped Warmest Wishes from So Many Sayings in Chocolate chip ink. The pumpkins and leaves are set up on dimensionals.

Jenn

13 comments:

Christi said...

Beautiful! Awesome job! :)

Joan said...

Gorgeous. Watercolor paper is like magic!!

Shel9999 said...

This is really pretty, Jenn! Your pumpkins look fabulous!

Jennifer Ofiana said...

I love how vibrant the wheel looks embossed. I am gonna have to try that!

beate said...

Jenn,
You are going to make me use my wheel. LOL
I LOVE your card! Awesome job! LOVEEEEE it!
Hugs and smiles

Flossie's Follies said...

Beautiful card, love your watercoloring

StamperSharon said...

Jenn, your pumpkins are beautiful and I really like that wheel embossed -- so striking!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, you are amazing!!

Marie said...

This is really beautiful!!! I love your watercoloring. TFS

Mary R. said...

i've been trying to resist that sramp set but you're killing me. That is gorgeous! I do have the wheel and true friend set so I'll try embossing my wheel image tomorrow. As usual, wonderful work! tfs

SmilynStef said...

That boho wheel is so cool ... love this card!

Terry said...

I hope you're sending that card to me (teehee). What a beautiful card, Jenn!

Heather P. said...

Wow, this is stunning!