September 29, 2007

Halloween File Folder

Yesterday morning I had a few moments to stamp before I headed out for a busy day. I looked up Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge and I knew I had to do it. This was the cutest idea for a card, and I love fresh new ideas. Halloween is right around the corner and I have a few classes coming up next weekend so I pulled out my Autumn Apparitions stamp set and Apple Cider designer series paper and the hard work was done for me.


I picked the color scheme directly from the Apple Cider paper. The base of my file folder card is Wild Wasabi and I chose Really Rust, Chocolate Chip and Shimmery White to go along with it.


To make the file folder I followed Beate's tutorial which you can find here. It was super quick and easy. After my paper was cut and the edged rounded I sponged my Apple Cider layer before attaching it to my cardstock base. I stamped the cat image on Shimmery White in Basic Black, cut a mask of the cat out and stamped the pumpkins with Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa and Old Olive ink. I then stamped the argyle stamp from All in a row around the edges of the Shimmery White and Really Rust layer and then water colored in with Soft Sky around my stamped images. I wanted a nice soft wash of color.

Other accessories include 5/8" grosgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip, round tab punch, 1/16" hole punch and vintage brads.

Jenn


Stamps: Autumn Apparitions, All in a Row
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Apple Cider dsp, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Shimmery White, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: 3/16" corner rounder, 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain, round tab punch, 1/16" hole punch, vintage brad, sponge

6 comments:

beate said...

Jenn, your card is adorable. I absolutely love it! Thanks so much for trying it out!
Hugs and smiles

Sara said...

What a great take on that card :)

Andrea said...

Love your card and the cat is great

Amy said...

Such a cute card! Love the colors and paper!

Angie Tieman said...

WAY cute! Love that paper with the Halloween set!

Lori said...

So cute! Love the faux stitching around the cat image.