September 24, 2007

Hair Gel and Cardstock?


I have never had a chance to try out a Gel card, but since I love to challenge myself I had to do the Try a New Technique Challenge today over at Splitcoaststampers. I didn't have an appropriate sized baggie so I raided my jewelry drawer and came up with a tiny packet that was used to hold some beads for a bracelet I had ordered online that supported Cervical Cancer Awareness. It was a tiny baggie, hence the very tiny spot of gel on my card. I also combined the Challenge with Julee's Mojo Monday Challenge. She has some great sketches to try out each Monday so you should check out her blog.

Gel cards really aren't all that complicated. I added enough gel to coat the inside of my baggie. I then stamped my main image, cut out the part I wanted the gel to be under and attached the baggie with some sticky strip to the back. I didn't think it would be a good idea to run my SNAIL adhesive over the baggie with the gel inside. I saw it popping and spraying a massive amount of gel all over my stamping space and sticky strip was right at my finger tips. If you need more detailed instructions as to how to make a gel card, check out the great tutorial here.

Have I told you how much I love not having to cook dinner every night? We have been making our way through our Dinners By Design meals and they have all been spectacular! What is even better is that not having to make dinner each night gives me more time to stamp. Every few days I just have to pull a premade meal out of the deep freezer, pop it in the fridge and the day we are eating it I just have to follow the cooking instructions that normally don't take much time at all. I either pop it in the over or heat up the grill. If you need quick and easy dinners check it out.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Season of Joy
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Soft Sky, Wintergreen designer series paper, Whisper White
Ink: Always Artichoke, Soft Sky, Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: coluzzle, sticky strip, scallop circle punch, vintage brads, 1/16" hole punch

3 comments:

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Very cute card!! I love gel cards!

Shadowcatcher said...

So pretty! Love the color combo. I just might have to try out a gel card. Thanks for playing! :)

Ana said...

Love this!! Great color combo :)