September 4, 2007

Groovy Flower


Today the Color Combination was Groovy Guava and Always Artichoke. Seeing as I always take forever to get just one card done I wanted to try and simplify things, so I went for a three layer card and decided to add a bit of dimension with my actual flower. To give the bottom layer a leafy look I inked my stamp up in Groovy Guava and then Rock and Rolled it in Always Artichoke. I ended up stamping my bloom from Fabulous Flowers a total of 4 times. Once Rock and Rolled, twice in Groovy Guava and once in Always Artichoke for the center and top layer. I cut out the layers added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter with my two way glue pen and popped the layers up on dimensionals. I added some Groovy Guava ribbon from the Sherbet Ribbon Originals. I attached it with a silver Vintage Brad.


To add the sentiment I stamped the Happy Definition from Define Your Life and then stamped the "Hh" from Defining Alphabet that was stamped off once in Groovy Guava ink before being stamped on the Whisper White layer.

6 comments:

Well Said Cards said...

That's awesome! I love the colors and the layout.

Flossie's Follies said...

Fantastic, love how you did the flower and card sketch.

Jennifer Ofiana said...

Really pretty. Gotta love that flower! I always eye that set but I am not sure I could be as great with it.

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love what you did with that flower! Very pretty card!

Linda McClain said...

Wow, that groovy guava, always artichoke is gorgeous.

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty! Love how you did the flower with the shading and two inks. And your Hh and happy is great! I'm so jealous you have those defining sets!