September 13, 2007

A Funny Thing Happened



Today I was browsing through card sketches, challenges and my ever growing idea pile for a project to create for today. Then I saw it, the Ways To Use It Challenge on Splitcoaststampers, called Spiraling out of Control.


If we take a look back to last Sunday we would see a trip to Archiver's to use a 25% off coupon on a wonderful item called the Bind It All. It is one of those must have items that I told my husband would double and triple my project completing potential. I don't know how it is going to get me through my ever growing "must try this" list, but I even got him in the buying frenzy. I tried to buy one on sale several places on the Internet to find I was a day late or the store was sold out or the item was unavailable. But my need was quickly satisfied as I used my 25% off coupon and got the Bind It All and wires for cheaper than any place online.


Fast forward to this morning and we would see me sitting in front of the computer with the perfect challenge to execute. I quickly thought of the cute CD book I had seen and remembered reading that the Bind It All would punch through CD's with ease. Lucky for me we have an ever growing pile of CD's that won't burn on our computer for whatever reason. I recycled five of them and I was off to a quick start on a fairly elaborate project. I am not done, but it looks finished. I got all 5 of the CD's covered by taking 5" square pieces of Outlaw designer paper and glueing them to the CD's with some K and Company glue I got for free at CHA. I wanted to try Crystal Effects, but my order won't arrive until next Tuesday and I just couldn't wait that long. On a side note I can't wait to see this box coming from Stampin' Up!. I have had several smaller orders ship in more than one box and was surprised that they decided to cram the entire 25 lbs of merchandise into just one box. I bet it is going to be bursting at the seams when it does get here and I hope my Crystal Effects isn't on the bottom just waiting to have all of it's contents burst forth and cement every item nicely together.


After I had all 10 sides of my CD's covered I carefully cut around them with my paper snips and then punched the holes with my Bind It All, which did nicely pierce through the CD's without damaging them and then bound it with 3/4" black wires.


So that I had something to show off I finished the cover by stamping the largest flower from True Friends in Chocolate Chip on Creamy Caramel cardstock and then cutting it out with my paper snips. I then used the small circle image and stamped it on Really Rust and Sage Shadow in the same color of classic ink. I punched the Sage Shadow image out with my 1" hole punch and cut out the Really Rust flower. I adhered them together, added a Vintage Brad and then layered it onto the front cover with dimensionals. I did stamp the flower image with a stem in Old Olive ink first, directly onto the cover. I added some River Rock double stitched ribbon around the front of the cover and stamped the sentiment once in Chocolate Chip and once in Sage Shadow on Whisper White. I cut out just the word Friend from the Sage Shadow ink and layered it with dimensionals on the Chocolate Chip layer. I then used several bits of 1/4" grosgrain ribbon in Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie to the binding wires. For my first CD book I am quite pleased.


Tomorrow I am doing something new to me, and I'm taking Roger on a Date Night. We are going to Dinner By Design to cook 12 meals to bring home and freeze. The menu sounds simply wonderful and the great thing is you just defrost and cook. There is no chopping or dinner prep at home. If it is as good as it sounds we will be doing this again and there is one coming to our town so we won't have to trek 30 - 45 minutes away to do this. Has anyone else tried this out? I'd love to know your thoughts on it.


Jenn

5 comments:

beate said...

This looks amazing, Jenn!

Flossie's Follies said...

This is fantastic, love your paper and that stamp set.

Trish said...

We have a company like that here called Dinner Revolution and I haven't done it but my neighbour did and she liked it so much that her sister started a similar company where she lives - 3 hours down the highway. What a great idea for a date night though!

Kathy said...

Very creative - the ribbons really make it.

Angie Tieman said...

Your cd project is amazing!!! So clever! I'm jealous of your Bind It All, it's definitely on my Christmas list! Can't wait to see more of what you come up with!