September 10, 2007

A Fun Fold



This is such a fun fold! I wish I would have thought of it myself. It uses a piece of Kraft cardstock 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" and has a piece of Purely Pomegranate textured cardstock that is 8 1/2" X 3 1/4" wrapped around it. The front panel opens up to reveal the saying "So Much" and is stamped in Basic Gray. The front of the card uses the dotted background stamp from So Much stamped in Soft Sky on the same color paper and is then cut out using the Coluzzle. I don't own this tool, but after seeing it at Regionals and actually using it I am placing it on my order today. It is awesome to use and I think my Curvy Cutter is going out the door. The lined flower is stamped on Whisper White with Purely Pomegranate and is also cut out with the Coluzzle. A button was added with a small glue dot. The top has a piece of Kraft cardstock folded in half with a silver eyelet that was set with the Crop-a-dile. Soft Sky double stitched ribbon was then put through and is tied with a piece of Linen thread. The scalloped border is made with the 3/16" corner rounder and is attached to the inside of the front flap of the card. Thanks is stamped in Basic Gray on Kraft cardstock and is cut out with paper snips.

Today Colin met a new pediatric opthamologist. He got a new prescription for his glasses so I have been on the run all day. We had to bribe him with a new toy to get him to allow the Dr. to dilate his eyes. I personally don't blame him hating that part as it really burns my eyes when I have to have it done. Explaining to a 4 year old why he has to have it done is not an easy thing to do. His vision has slipped again and unfortunately we are back to patching his eye, but only when he is at home. They said he does not have to patch at school which makes him happy. After going to the Dr., taking the kids out to lunch, a trip to Toy R' Us and back home I decided to brave going to the eyeglass store. I was very surprised. We ended up picking Lens Crafters and we got 2 glasses for only $150! The first pair was 50% off and the second pair was FREE. Plus they are going to be ready 1 1/2 hours after we picked them out. So now I am off to pick up glasses and head on over to the Open House at Colin's school. I sure hope to be a little more talkative (when I have time) and get some new and exciting projects stamped for you.

Jenn

3 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

this is great, love it

Angie Tieman said...

Great card! I love that set they're giving at Regionals! Great deal on those glasses too...I love it when things like that happen!

beate said...

Super cute card! I can't wait to score that set in Portland. LOL

Good deal on those glasses.
Hugs