September 25, 2007

Fright Night

Have you ever been so tired you have a headache from lack of sleep? That is how I am today. Poor Evan is sick. I dreaming last night and in my dream the person I was talking to started coughing and the coughing bouts got longer and longer until I realized they weren't part of my dream at all. It was Evan I was hearing over the baby monitor. After 20 minutes I sent Roger in to give him some cough syrup in hopes it would help. No such luck on that front. Instead he was in bed with us for a while just coughing up a storm. When I finally fell back asleep he was up again. It makes for a long day and a very tired Mommy. I called the pediatrician as soon as they opened and we got an appointment for right after lunch. It looks to be the start of a sinus infection and they said they have seen this turn into the croup lately, hence the coughing in the middle of the night. He is now on antibiotics, cough suppressant and nebulizer treatments so that it doesn't settle in his chest and turn into something worse. Needless to say I feel like I am living in a fog today.

The color challenge today was Old Olive, More Mustard and Bashful Blue, so that is where the color scheme came from for this card. The sketch is one of Beate's weekend sketch challenges, I think it's #20, but don't quote me on that. I used Aida Cloth and the retired set Best Friends for my card. I switched out borrowed sets this weekend so that I'd have more to play with. This card is fairly straight forward so I'll leave you with just the recipe.

Stamps: Best Friends, Adia Cloth, All in a Row
Cardstock: More Mustard, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Petals and Paisley dsp
Ink: More Mustard, Versamark, Jetblack Stazon, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Going Gray, Basic Gray, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: ticket corner punch, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch

7 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Oh my hope the antibotics kick in and Evan is feeling better real soon. Love this card, the witch is too cute

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, fabulous spooky card! I hope Evan feels better soon and you get some sleep! Being sleep deprived is just about the worse, sick feeling! Hang in there!

Heather said...

Very cute card!! Where can I get that witch? Do you remember the name?

Michelle said...

Great colour challenge. I love the layout of this card as well!

emily said...

oh, i hate those sleepless nights...you already know that about me though :) hey, what was the author on that book you recommended?
thanks jenn!
hope evan starts feeling better :)
emily

beate said...

Gorgeous card, Jenn! Love it!

Christen said...

Oh, I'm loving that little witch stamp!

I hope Evan feels better soon and that your headache goes away :)