September 2, 2007

Featured Stamper



I did a bit of organizing and had to sit down and stamp. So I started with the Featured Stamper Challenge at SCS, and chose this card by Heather. Her SCS gallery can be found here and you should also check our her blog here. She has some fantastic color combinations and layouts on her blog and in her gallery.

I used her card for inspiration and that is how I chose the bird image from Hero Arts and added the scallops along the bottom edge of my card and then sponged this layer with Chocolate Chip ink. The base of the card is Chocolate Chip and the designer paper I got at Archiver's yesterday and it is from the Tres Jolie line from My Mind's Eye. I have been hoarding this May Arts ribbon from Beate forever and when looking for an embellishment for this card it was the perfect fit. I added a buckle from my also hoarded HodgePodge harware and the card fell in line from there.

The Hero Arts bird is stamped on Shimmery White cardstock twice with Jetblack stazon. One of them I watercolored in with Bashful Blue and Brocade Blue ink with my AquaPainter. I then cut the body out and added it to my other stamped image with a dimensional. On the background layer I colored in the birds beak with Apricot Appeal and then outlined the bird with Bashful Blue ink. The wings were stamped on two pieces of Tres Jolie paper and then paper pieced onto the bird with an added dimensional. After the bird was together I simply added the sentiment from Hugs and Wishes and then outlined "Birthday" with River Rock ink to make it pop a bit more.

5 comments:

Heather P. said...

You're so sweet!! :) I just LOVE this card... It's absolutely incredible!

Flossie's Follies said...

Great card, love the paper and scallops, and of course that bird

Michelle said...

Love these colours! Pretty card!

Angie Tieman said...

He is a cute little bird! Nice coloring job too! And that paper was a *good* splurge!

emily said...

i want those bird stamps so bad!!!
love it!
emily