September 26, 2007

Dashing Season

It finally feels like Autumn here today so why not make a Christmas card? I still haven't decided exactly what I am going to make for my cards yet, but at least the ideas are floating through my head. This card is for Sketch Challenge 143 and I really like this sketch, but I am not in love with this card. What I really wanted to do was to play with my new 5/8" grosgrain ribbon and I have to say it ties like a charm! I ordered both Real Red and Chocolate Chip with some of the cardstock I was running low on, but I must order the remaining colors. The only thing that may not be apparent by looking at this card is that I made faux eyelets instead of using the real thing on this card. I wasn't happy with my color selection, so I improvised.

Stamps: Season of Joy
Cardstock: Old Olive, Real Red, Dashing designer series paper, River Rock, Very Vanilla
Ink: Stampin' Write Markers in Real Red, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Bashful Blue, White Gel Pen
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon

3 comments:

Mistylynn said...

Really like the layers and the wonderful papers you've used here. Beautiful work, and what a great title on your lo below!
Misty

Flossie's Follies said...

Great layout, love your papers and how you colored the stamp

Heather said...

Great card. I really like the ribbon too!!