September 26, 2007

Reaching New Heights



Can you believe it? I actually have two scrap pages to post this week! I am on a roll with these. I must move the rest of my printed pictures down to my stamping space so that I don't have an excuse to not use them. I actually just completed a HUGE task. I took all of my pictures and organized them into albums by date into my Fotki account. Now I can go into a folder, pick the photos I want to scrap and order the prints. My biggest problem is not that I don't want to scrap, but that my photos never seem to make it from my computer to the store to get printed.

This layout is from Chris Greiser at sketch me if you can! and is featured at Sisterhood of Scrap as well. Once I had the layout I wanted to use everything else just fell into place. I started with a 12 X 12 piece of Soft Sky Textured cardstock. I then measured out my Purely Pomegranate piece and to get the scallop edge I took my Pick a Petal set and just used one of the center dots. I turned my cardstock over and stamped the dot along the edge of the paper with versamark. I then used the dots as a quick guide to cut the scalloped edge. It was super easy and fast. What a great way to use your stamps as tools. They demonstrated this at the Louisville Regional with a different stamp set, but any large circle will do.

This picture was taken at a park we stopped at as we drove around Lake Tahoe. We hiked for a bit, but Colin and Evan enjoyed rock climbing the most. These huge boulders are sitting in the center of a picnic area. Evan's face is so dirty from digging his hands in the dirt as we walked the trails. All we had to wipe him up were baby wipes, but he got a good scrubbing when we got back to the time share. We never actually made it around the lake as a fire broke out that burned down 15 acres of trees.



Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Office Accoutrement, Jumbo Outline Alphabet
Cardstock: Soft Sky and Purely Pomegranate textured, Blue Bayou, Whisper White Ink: Purely Pomegrante, Blue Bayou, Basic Gray, Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, Versamarker, Whisper White Craft,Basic Black Stampin' Write MarkerAccessories: 1/16" hole punch, vintage brads, dimensionals

4 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great page, he is adorable, I have a bunch of pages I have to do for my niece, she is not crafty so sends me everything.

Diane (djluvs2stamp on SCS) said...

Great page! I love the little guys red hair, I have a red head also!

emily said...

looks great!!

Deanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout!!!!
Thanks for participating in our blog! Be sure to check in tomorrow when our featured sketcher is someone you have listed below as a blog you read!!!! Can you guess who it is??? hehe!