September 3, 2007

A Backwards Attempt


I got settled into my newly organized stamping space and attempted a Secret Slider card. This was my first attempt and as you can see I accidentally made it upside down. I figured I'd continue with it anyway and I am pleased with my first attempt.



I love my Outlaw designer series paper so that is where I started. I have already used one full sheet of this striped paper and I am halfway through another sheet of it. I guess I have to use the remainder of the patterned paper or order another package. The colors in the stripes are Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Really Rust and Sage Shadow. Put them together and we have one of my favorite color combinations.



I stamped the Chocolate Chip layer with Chocolate Chip ink and the Tres Chic background stamp. I recently traded for this stamp and I am very happy I did. It works so perfectly for so many card backgrounds and I keep it out by my table a lot lately.


I then added my designer series paper which I used the ticket corner punch on and a strip of Creamy Caramel that I swiped through my Creamy Caramel ink pad to give it a faux suede look. After that I made my cuts and score lines for the secret slider part of it. That is where I turned myself around with this card. It was not the directions at all, it was my brain not functioning. I do promise to make one the correct way later this week if I have a chance before I leave town for Regionals in Louisville.
I stamped my sentiment on the Really Rust layer with Chocolate Chip ink and it is from the True Friend stamp set that is available in the Holiday Mini Collection 2007. I also stamped off the three flower image in Sage Shadow on the pull out layer. Then I added my Scallop in Sage Shadow and stamped the largest flower once in Chocolate Chip and then in Really Rust on Very Vanilla Cardstock. I added natural hemp twine and silver eyelets with my Cropadile and I was done.
I am willing to try this card again. It was so easy and fun to make.

6 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Great card, just think of it as artistic interpretation.

Angie Tieman said...

Well that turned out very cute! I would have thought you designed it that way (upside down) on purpose...sort of a different twist on it! I've been debating on if I need that new True Friend set, or if I need a Crop-a-dile more...hmmm...

beate said...

AWESOME card, Jenn! LOVE it! Love that paper and the set!

SpAzzGiRL said...

Backwards or not, it's a great card!

Markie's Mom said...

What a great idea! I love it backwards!!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Great card!!! I really wouldn't have thought it was different backwards, the way you created this card, looks PERFECT!