September 3, 2007

Back to our Regularly Scheduled Program


Last night I had a dream about how to reorganize my stamping space. I have been working on that for a few weeks now and I think I am finally at a point that I am pleased with it. As you can see I work in my basement. I have about 600 square feet that is part stamping room, part playroom, part office. Can you believe that just two years ago this space was an empty basement with concrete walls and floors. My husband and I have slowly been finishing it ourselves and are quite pleased with our handy work. I do have to say that drywall is not something I wish to tackle again. Eventually we are getting a drop ceiling, but it is a functional space at this point in time.




I have been working off of an old antique table that I had pushed up underneath the largest window in the room, however I was constantly shuffling things to cut paper, stamp and many other things. I like my space nice and organized and my stamping table was starting to get cluttered and claustraphobic. So in my dreams last night I dreampt I put the big antique table back up in the crawl space and I took out my two folding tables to use as my stamping space. Now that my dream has come to life I am pleased. I took my 6' table and have it set up as a cutting station and have my catalogs that I leaf through on a daily basis there too. I then took my 8" table and have it set up to stamp. There is so much space I don't know what to do with it, but I can also fit several people there to scrap and stamp if I wanted to do that as well.


Now I think it is time to sit down and create something, so I may head off to print of the directions for today's Try a New Technique Challenge on SCS. I haven't made a slider card yet so I figure it is about time I got started. I can finish organizing some more stuff later.






3 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

This looks wonderful, happy stamping.

Tracy said...

Wow, that looks wonderful! You and your husband did a great job. We need to refinish our basement. Or at least put some drywall up and some kind of flooring. I'd love ours to turn out half as nice as yours!

beate said...

What a wonderful stamp area! LOVE how much room you have!