September 27, 2007

Autumn Thanks

It is finally feeling more like fall. It has finally cooled down and the leaves on the trees are starting to turn shades of red, gold and orange. The weather is perfect for a visit to an apple orchard, pumpkin patch and for drinking fresh pressed apple cider. This is by far my favorite season of the year. Fall always feels like a fresh start, more so than New Years Day. Maybe it's the bustle of starting a new school year or the crispness in the air. This morning we woke to a blanket of fog and now that it has burned off the sky is a soft blue with light wispy clouds. It's a day that is best spent outside, so I am getting my post done early.

This card feels like today looks. It is full of fall color and flair. My color scheme is Chocolate Chip, Really Rust and River Rock with some Apple Cider designer series paper, Shimmery White and Whisper White thrown into the mix. I followed the same sketch as the card in my last post. I sponged all of the edges with Chocolate Chip ink, stamped my Stem Silhouettes images in Old Olive and Really Rust and my sentiment in Chocolate Chip. I added some Hemp Twind and used my Scallop Circle, 1 3/8", 1 1/4", ticket corner and 3/16" corner rounder punches.

I hope you all have a wonderful fall day!

Jenn


Stamps: Stem Silhouettes
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Apple Cider dsp, River Rock, Shimmery White, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: 3/16" corner rounder, ticket corner punch, sponge, 5/8" chocolate grosgrain, scallop circle, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches, dimensionals

6 comments:

Tina said...

So beautiful!

Donna said...

this is gorgeous! I wish it felt like that here (central TX where it's mid to upper 90's still) ugh

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is so pretty, love that image and the paper is awesome with it.

Christi said...

Beautiful!!

April said...

Lurker butting in to say, this is a beautiful card.

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, gorgeous card! Love how you did the Stem Silhouettes!