August 29, 2007

Wedding Card



This weekend we are taking the boys to my parents house while I go to a meeting with my upline and sidelines to have some stamping fun. My parents have a wedding to go to on Sunday so my mom asked me to whip up a wedding card if I had time to do it. Well everyday I make time to stamp, so that was my task for today. I combined it with the SCS Sketch Challenge and I was on a roll.


I love Groovy Guava and Close to Cocoa together. I threw in a little Very Vanilla and I think it made for a cute wedding card. The base is a 4 1/4 X 11 piece of scored at 5 1/2". I then stamped a piece of Groovy Guava with Tres Chic and then again with Aida Cloth. I just figured out I'd been calling my Adia Cloth background Linen in the last few posts. I guess in my cleaning spree I switched boxes. I didn't realize my error until I was leafing through my catalog looking to see what I wanted to order next. Sorry about that. After my stamping was done I sponged the edges with some more Grooby Guava ink. The next layer is a piece of Close to Cocoa 3 7/8" X 2" and is sponged with Chocolate Chip to give the edges a bit more definition. I then cut a piece of Groovy Guava 1/4" smaller, stamped it with the dill looking stamp from Garden Silhouettes and again sponged the edges. After I paper pierced my edges with my tools from the Crafter's Tool kit.


I love hemp twine. I love the texture of it and the slightly masculine look it gives a card. A wedding card is traditionally for a male and a female, so I wanted a hint of both masculine and feminine touches. My main image layer uses a piece of Very Vanilla cut to 3 3/4" X 2 1/4" with each subsequent layer being 1/8" larger. I stamped the image in Groovy Guava, stamped off on some scratch paper and then onto my image panel. I like the subtle look that comes from that. I paper pierced the bottom corners, ticket corner punched the top corners and added two Vintage Brads. The sentiment is from Hugs and Wishes and was stamped in Close to Cocoa.


To finish off the card I added a piece of chipboard from OnBoard Blossoms and Basics. I ran it through my Groovy Guava ink pad, dried it with my heat gun and then rolled the outside edges in Close to Cocoa ink. To give a little sparkle I outlined the heart with my 2 way Glue Pen and added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I attached it to the card with Dimensionals. I thought it needed a bit more definition to make it stand out from the card so I added a few polka dots with my White Gel pen.


I hope my mom likes my efforts and that the couple enjoys thier card.


Jenn

9 comments:

jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

STUNNING!!

Becky said...

That is truly a beautiful card! I love it!! Great job!

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card, love that heart

Melissa said...

This is so gorgeous, Jen! I absolutely love it. I've been thinking about getting that background stamp - it's beautiful! Wow!

Allison said...

This is lovely!

Michelle said...

Love your card! I really like the hanging heart!

Pattyjo said...

Ooh I love your card!

Jen said...

This is incredibly beautiful! Wow! I just love everything about it!

Jen (inkypinky inks)

Angie Tieman said...

Oh! This is fabulous!! Love that chipboard heart, it totally makes it!