August 13, 2007

View Finder without a View



Today I got another shipment from UPS and in it was my True Friend stamp set. I am really loving these die cut stamps. They assemble in no time at all and I was stamping right away. I decided to try out the View Finder card as part of the SCS Try a New Technique Challenge. The tutorial is here.

However I went wrong somewhere along the way and my card doesn't really have a working view finder. I will have to try it out again in the near future as it is a neat technique. I used Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Creamy Caramel, Sage Shadow, Whisper White and Outlaw Designer Series Paper. Now this is my kind of color scheme. I sanded the edges of the designer series paper with my sanding blog to distress them a bit. I also added metallic eyelets that set so well with my Crop-a-Dile and strung hemp twine through them and added a piece of HodgePodge Hardware. The flower is stamped in Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive and is surrounded by a Scallop circle that was punched out with the 1 3/8" circle punch. The entire layer is set up on dimensionals.

5 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Well it's gorgeous, so who cares if the viewfinder doesn't work, right?! lol! I am loving this new set and very jealous! Keep up the great samples!

Flossie's Follies said...

I agree with Angie, the card is lovely, who cares if the viewfinder does not work.

Heather P. said...

I LOVE how this turned out, and I agree with Angie! Viewfinder, schmewfinder. :)

beate said...

Jenn, this is one gorgeous card. Who cares if that viewfinder thingie doesn't work. LOL
LOVE it! Hugs and grins

Dawn Easton said...

LOL I wouldn't have known it doesn't work if you didn't say so. I bet whomever you give it to won't either. My husband picked mine up and said, this is nice and put it down. I said, turn the wheel! LOL
Wonderful choice of colours and stamps and layout!! FANTASTIC card!