August 7, 2007

Trick or Treat

I decided to play around a bit more with my possible swap cards and I think I have a finalist! On the first card I thought I may have needed to add a few more pumpkins, so I stamped the pumpkin 3 times onto the main image panel. I colored in my pumpkin with my Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers. I added the bat in Basic Black and kept the layout and color scheme exactly the same as in my last post. I did add a bit of Apple Cider paper to the More Mustard strip. However I wasn't completely sold on my swap card and I thought I might change things up a bit.
I took a break, fed the kids lunch and then returned to the coolness of our basement which doubles as my stamping space and the kids playroom. I played around with a few different color combinations until I got one that I thought both worked with the Apple Cider Designer Series Paper and that had a Halloween feel to it.


I think that this is going to be my swap card and I am really happy with this card. I started with a Not Quite Navy cardstock base and stamped the polka dot from the Three For You Punch Box in Not Quite Navy and used the same ink to stamp the Happy Halloween sentiment at the bottom of the card. The strip across the middle is made with Apple Cider paper and Elegant Eggplant cardstock and I tied a bow with Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon. The main image panel is made with Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Very Vanilla cardstock. I cut my main image panel larger than I needed it, stamped my bat in the corner and then cut the image down with my paper cutter until I got to the bat's wing. Then I used my paper snips to cut around the wing so that it sticks over the edge of the layers below it. I stamped my Pumpkins as I have been on my last few cards. The largest pumpkin is cut out and popped up on a dimensional.
I don't know about you, but I am great at smearing my white craft ink. It's probably because I am impatient adn try to move on too quickly and I don't give it enough time to dry. However, I decided I'd use my crystal clear embossing powder and emboss the "Boo" sentiment. It looks so nice and shiny in real life. Now it's just down to finalizing my card and actually committing to making 37 of them by next Thursday. I have no clue what I am going to mail my 87 swap cards in?!?!? But I can't wait to get them back.
Jenn









7 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Wow, these are both great, would not know which one to pick.

Angie Tieman said...

Great cards!! I love that you kept the polka dots and cutting around the bat wing is awesome! It's a lot of work, I'm sure, but it looks fantastic!

Tara said...

they are all so cute...great work!

Heather P. said...

These are fabulous!

Sharon said...

Wow, Halloween cards already! They are great! I just love making Halloween cards(even more than Christmas cards). They are so much fun to do You did a great job!

Tandra said...

Hi Jenn!! These are WAY TOO CUTE!! I just got this set and I love it!! I really like how you put all the colors together!

beate said...

Jenn, those are awesome. You are making me regret not joining this swap.
Hugs!