August 14, 2007

Simple Pleasures


I actually sat down today and started a scrapbook page. I am so rusty in my scrapbooking skills. I got this layout from Scrap Maps and went from there. The only 12 X 12 cardstock I have is the textured InColors so that is how I picked my color scheme. I used some Soft Sky designer series paper, Jumbo Outline Alphabet, Big Deal Alphabet and Define Your Life.




I took these pictures the other day on one of the cooler days we have had this summer and when we actually got to play outside. Colin and Evan had fun splashing in their swimming pool. I used the Simple Definition from Define Your Life and stamped in Wild Wasabi. The Outline Alphabet is stamped in Basic Gray and cut out. The & sign is from Big Deal Alphabet and is stamped in Blue Bayou.




Would you believe this took me most of the day? I really need to work on my scrapbooking a tad more so it gets to be an easier process for me. I am finally getting around to organizing my pictures in Fotki and I plan to actually have some printed out when I get back from vacation.




My journaling block says:
This summer has
been so very hot.
We have not had
much time to
play outside
in the pool,
but on a
rare occassion,
water play can
bring such
simple pleasures.
Simple Pleasures
August 2007

3 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, it's really beautiful!

I can't believe you cut out all those letters!! Yikes! Amazing... My lazy tush would have stamped white and then the colors and just used my stamp-a-ma-jig. hehe

Valuable Stamps said...

Haha, definiately agree with Becky there. Good scrapbook!!

beate said...

What a great double spread. Your boys are so handsome!