August 26, 2007

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree


Today I spent the day with my mom getting some cards ready for some holiday events I have coming up. I learned to make this tree last year from my upline. The card was presented at a Stampin' Up! Regional event. I didn't get to use this card at any classes or events last year since I was so new and just starting out with Stampin' Up! I however filed the directions away and when I needed to make some Christmas cards I pulled it out. My mom and sister had gotten some Wintergreen paper and my mom and I played around with it today. We already decided we have to order some more. All of the cards use the same layout with a tree fashioned out of Wintergreen paper. This first card uses a Soft Sky base and is layered with Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery and Whisper White. The stem is from Bravo Burgundy. I stamped the sentiment from Punch Pals and added a Ice Rhinestone brad to the top of the tree for some decoration. The inside is stamped in Always artichoke as well and says "From our house to yours", which is also from Punch Pals. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the sentiments on both the inside and outside of the card.

This second card uses Sage Shadow as the base of the card and the sentiments are stamped in Mellow Moss. The card is on a 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 inch base. The Always Artichoke layer is 4 5/8" X 3 5/8" and the Whisper White layer is 4 1/2" X 3 1/2". The tree trunk is a 1/2" X 1 1/2" piece of Bravo Burgundy.













This last card has a Certainly Celery cardstock base. All in all we got 4 each made of the 3 cards before we moved onto other projects. We had a nice quiet afternoon while Daddy and Papa took the boys to the park and ran a few errands. We also covered Picture frames from the Target $1 spot that need to be embellished and have a cute idea for Christmas Tree Ornaments. I just have to figure out how to seal the ink onto the ornament as they are smearing a bit at this point in time.










Here is a profile of the tree so that you can see the dimension it has. They are so easy to make my mom is deciding if she is going to make these for her Christmas cards this year and she makes about 150 cards or more each year.




Lastly here are the folding diagrams if you are interested in trying out the card for yourself. You will need 4 squares measuring 3", 2 1/2", 2" and 1 1/2". Fold corner to corner to make a triangle and do the same for the other side. Then fold directly down the middle (see folds marked 1, 2 and 3). Next flip in the corners as shown in the 2nd picture. Finally fold down the front two sides toward the middle to make your tree 3 dimensional.
Jenn



7 comments:

bensarmom said...

Fantastic cards! Thank you for sharing the directions too!

Flossie's Follies said...

Wow, these are beautiful, how different, thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Wow, those trees are awesome! TFS!

Tara said...

love these trees...they are so cool!! great card idea!! :)

Liquid said...

Hiya Jenn,

Just cruising through your blog! Awesome collection here! Have a super day! :)

Heather said...

Fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing!

Margaret said...

I'm a new SU demo and I'm casing this card for my first workshop, which corresponds great with the DS paper promo in November. Thanks for the great directions, too cute!