August 7, 2007

Peek a Boo!


I am playing around today trying to come up with my Holiday Mini swap card with my Autumn Apparitions stamp set. I know that I am going to keep the dangling "Boo" Element, but I am still playing around with the main image panel for this card. I like the layout, but there are a few things I still need to tweak. I leave a week from Thursday for vacation and I have to have my swaps done and mailed before that. Luckily I have a free weekend to work on them.
I used Old Olive for the base of the card and used the same color ink with my Autumn Leaves wheel. The left hand side of the card has Basic Black and More Mustard cardstock and is stamped with the Polka dot from the Three for You Punch Box in More Mustard. The main image panel uses Basic Black, Really Rust and Very Vanilla cardstock. The pumkin is stamped in Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip ink. I did cut out the larger pumpkin and stamped a face on it before I popped it up with a dimensional. The bat is stamped in Basic black. For the sentiment I stamped in Basic Black on Very Vanilla and punched it out with my 1 1/4" circle punch before I matted it with basic black punched with my 1 3/8" circle punch and then a scallop cirlce in Really Rust. I added a silver eyelet in my main image layer and tied the sentiment on with natural hemp twine and dressed it up with a piece of pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon.
Jenn

8 comments:

Mistylynn said...

I love the colors you've chosen. I really like the images. Maybe if you pushed them together a little bit more on a smaller block they'd be more to your liking. Great work. Thanks for visiting my blog.
Misty

Kristine Reynolds said...

I am enjoying all your Halloween cards!

Kris said...

I have been in the mood to make Halloween cards lately. I haven't actually done it...but I'm in the mood. Glad to see someone else is too!

Angie Tieman said...

Another Halloween card, I'm loving it...and jealous! I know I want this set for sure from the Holiday Mini, but haven't been able to commit to some of the other stamp sets. Usually I'd have it 2-day aired by now! ugh! Thanks for showing me samples, at least! On this card, I could totally see that black frame thing stamp underneath the pumpkin...maybe because that frame stamp is the main reason I'm going to order this set?! Wish I was in your swap!

Karen said...

This is adorable. Love the hanging tag

Heather P. said...

This is SOOO cute! Love that pumpkin. :)

Tandra said...

You are on a ROLL with this set!! Your designs are great!
I adore the BOO hang-tag!!

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

GREAT CARD!!