August 6, 2007

One Sketch Endless Possibilities


One of my favorite challenges in making cards is to do Card Sketches. A sketch is simply a layout that can be modified in many ways to change the feeling of a card. You can add additional layers, embellishments or anything you desire to make the sketch your own. This sketch is from CPS and is sketch #25. The bottom card is the one I did orignally and the top card is one in which I added another layer to the card to change it up a bit.


The first card uses Soft Sky cardstock and designer prints double sided paper from Stampin' Up!, as well as Basic Gray and Shimmery White cardstock. I used Soft Sky ink for my background stamping with the smallest flower in Double Line Doodles. The larger flower is stamped in Jetblack Stazon as is the stem. I used my AquaPainter and Regal Rose classic ink to color in the image. After it was blended the way I liked I used a drop of Regal Rose ink from the reinker to make the outline stand out a bit more. The stem is colored in Wild Wasabi and uses the same technique as the flowers. I added some paper piercing, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, my ticket corner punch, white gel pen, 1/16" hole punch and silver Vintage brads. I love the Basic Gray, Soft Sky and Regal Rose color combination.


The second card has a completely different color scheme and feel to it. I used my Baroque Motifs stamp set and stayed with the sketch a little more as it was drawn. The cardstock is Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Brocade Backgrounds designer series paper and Very Vanilla Cardstock. I used Close to Cocoa and All in a Row for my faux stitching. The sentiment and background is stamped in Always Artichoke ink. To make the flowers stand out a bit more I used Not Quite Navy and Pumpkin Pie. Vintage Brads are used in the center of each flower and they are popped up on dimensionals.


Now I challenge you to see how many possibilities you can come up with one card sketch. I could keep going, but unfortunately I have to cook dinner. I will try to make a some more cards later tonight.


Jenn

9 comments:

Karen said...

Love that set you used on the first one! They are both great cards

Michelle said...

Great cards! I also love using sketches...it is challenging!

mum on the run said...

Beautiful cards, love the colours on the first one!!

Flossie's Follies said...

These are great cards, love the color combo you used on the first card.

Mistylynn said...

These are awesome. I love to take the same idea and use it with scrapbooking.
misty

Andrea said...

Great cards, the colours on the first one are fab

Tara said...

I really like this color combo!! I love the blue flower with the orange center...so pretty!

Heather P. said...

AWESOME cards... Love the colors!

~Lea~ said...

These are beautiful! I really love the flowers on the first one! Great job, and thanks for playing at CPS this week!
~Lea