August 10, 2007

A new bag of tricks!

We all know that a certain blogger has gotten us all hooked on the All in a Row stamp set *wink*. But I always use the same argyle stamp out of the set to make "faux" stitching.
Well tonight I was working on another card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge and I had a wonderful idea! Who would have ever guessed that. LOL! I knew I wanted to try out the sketch with my Garden Whimsy stamp set and I had heard wonderful things about the Jumbo Outline Alphabet and Fundamental Phrases used together. I wasn't lucky enough to attend convention, so I didn't get to see all of the great samples with those two sets. I figured I could come up with something all on my own. So after finishing the Garden Whimsy part of my card and still needing another element I decided to make a scallop with "friend" on it.

This is when my genius moment happened. My scallop looked too plain with the whisper white cardstock, but it was too dark when I tried it in Purely Pomegrantate. So I decided that the scallops needed a little bit of attention. I wished for a moment that we had a scallop stamp like some of the new ones you have seen on PapertreyInk or GinaK. Little did I know that we have our very own Stampin' Up! Scallop stamp. I used All in a Row and just inked one of the small images and carefully stamped it in each scallop. It was super easy and I am probably going to be using this a lot! Now if you weren't completely hooked by Beate's use of All in a Row you have a new way to use the set too.

Jenn

11 comments:

beate said...

Oh....Jenn! I am so excited. What a great way to use my MUST HAVE set. Did you see the dotted border on my last card made with it?

I absolutely love this card. Make sure you send it to SU. It is simply wonderful!

Thanks so much for playing with the sketch. You hit a home run, girl...like with all your cards.

Elizabeth (FLMommyof2) said...

Now see what you've done! I have managed to talk myself out of that set on every order, even though I love the faux stitching Beate does with it. Now I have to put it on my next order so I can pretty up my scallops! (I can't pass it up now that there are 2 must-have reasons!) :) Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!

Julie Masse said...

Such a great card - I agree with Beate - send it to SU!! So pretty and what a great idea!!

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, this is gorgeous!! I love the little stamps in your scallops, you clever girl! I got my outline alphabet Wednesday and cut a few letters out today to use. Don't have that Fundamental Phrases, though, darnit! I love how you used them, excelelnt!

Flossie's Follies said...

What a beautiful card, love what you did with Garden Whimsey set, this card is awesome.

mum on the run said...

Great card, love what you did with Beate's sketch!! Love all the scalloping!!

Mary said...

Great detailing! Thanks for the idea.

Mary (toao)

emily said...

your cards are just beautiful! i love looking through your blog!
thanks for the inspiration!
emily
www.3peasinapoddesigns.blogspot.com

Rein said...

This is beautiful!

Shannon McGann said...

Great idea! Your scallop looks great, as does the card! I've been ready to order the All in a Row set for a few orders now, but decided against it each time. Now it's going to be on my next order! Thanks for the inspiration!

Heather P. said...

I ~just~ got All in a Row in the order I received today!! LOL, now I join in all the fun!!

Beautiful card, Jenn! :)